SAFER: Creating a Secure Attachment to Self
An introduction to cultivating inner safety through the nervous system and somatic practice for BIPOC.
January 28th & 29th, 2022
Friday & Saturday
+ an in depth workbook
+ a 90-min integration circle, date tbd
$150 per person, with payment plan available
This workshop is designed for folks of color who want to learn the basics of nervous system dynamics and develop the capacity for secure attachment within themselves.
At the center of secure attachment is the relational need for home: the felt-sense safety, connection and belonging rooted in our self-worth and sovereignty.
And as the seasons change and circumstances continue to shift, our body remains our tender home. Our relationship to this body, this home, must deepen in a culture where we are disembodied and hurting.
Within us is a vast and robust healing capacity that is intrinsic to our humanity, and our embodiment practices gives us access to this life force.
When we grow our relationship to our embodied inner experience, we become better able to care for our needs, limits and desires that support us in building secure attachment.
Finding safety, connection and belonging within ourselves offers us the blueprint for creating that with others.
This workshop will offer the wisdom, practice and community for you to:
- Understand the language of your nervous system and how to respond with care and compassion
- Develop and cultivate a felt-sense of safety within the nervous system
- Define what safety and secure attachment means to you
- Create resilience and capacity within your embodied experience
- Move away from codependent forms of relating and towards interdependence (it begins with you!)
- Feel rooted inside and resourced by your self-worth and sovereignty
- Find gentle, soft power within ancestral connection
- Receive simple and doable somatic practices for integration
This is for anyone who identifies as a person of color, and is of any gender identity.
For folks who are white or white-passing, you may join the waitlist for a separate series on the registration form below.
Step 1: Complete the form below. Reach out to Denise at email@example.com with any questions.
Step 2: Make your payment using one of the two buttons below the registration form.
Once you’ve completed the steps above, you’ll receive an Order Confirmation from Acuity, which confirms your registration to the workshop. You’ll receive another email about 24-48 hours before our workshop which will include the workbook and zoom details.